Questions - BWRH1

Go to content


About Us

Frequently Asked Questions...

Q. How do I gain access to Long-Term Care at Blue Water Rest Home?
A. Access to our Long-Term Care is controlled by the South West Community Care Access Centre.  You can call them at 1-800-811-5146, or visit their website at:

Q. Blue Water Rest Home is newly redeveloped; does that mean it costs more than other Long-Term Care (LTC) Homes?
A. Rates for basic LTC are set by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, and do not vary across the province. Premium rates for private and semi-private accommodation may vary slightly, depending on how new the Home is.

Q. What is the difference between Maplewoods and Birchwoods Apartments?
A. Tenants at Birchwoods purchase a package that supplies them with two meals a day, plus access to programming through Blue Water Rest Home. Tenants at Maplewoods can purchase meals through the Meals On Wheels program delivered by Community Outreach. In all other respects, the apartments are the same.

Q. Who can use the Seniors Services offered by Community Connections Outreach Services?
A. Most programs are available to Residents of the Zurich and area community. Certain programs may be subject to an assessment process to determine eligibility.

Q. Are the Seniors Services free?
A. Some are, but the majority are fee-for-service; it's better to check beforehand.

If you have any further questions, please call or e-mail us; you can find the necessary information under the "Contact / Links" tab.

Back to content