OUTREACH AND PROGRAMS MANAGER – Full-Time, Permanent
The position of Outreach and Programs Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, evaluating, and improving the provision of program services to residents at Blue Water Rest Home and is responsible within the scope of the Long-Term Care Homes Act. This includes recreational and social services, volunteers, spiritual care services, volunteer auxiliaries including fundraisers, resident/family councils and physiotherapy services.
This dynamic position is also responsible for Community Support Services and Outreach at the West Huron Care Centre which will encompass interacting with various partners and community groups to provide provision of service to seniors in the community through multiple funding sources.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
· Degree/diploma in recreation/leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or related field from a recognized College or University.
· Management experience in a health care setting with an understanding of Long-Term Care and Community Support Services.
· Marketing background is an asset.
· Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, with co-workers, residents, supervisors, visitors, volunteers, family members, and contractors. This includes proposal writing and the ability to liaise with various stakeholders.
· Manage personnel within union/contracts and ability to supervise student placements.
· Effectively be able to manage changing conditions and continuous improvements and be adaptable and receptive to new ideas and change.
· Plan and organize special events and training opportunities.
· Strong ability to understand the requirement for privacy, to respect confidentiality of information and to support information technology of the organization.
· Salary to be negotiated
· Benefit package
Deadline: June 8, 2020 at 8 a.m.
Please apply to: Angie Dunn, CEO
We thank all applicants, but we will only contact interview candidates